Basic written and video instructions for adding a product.
Each store is configured differently, and you will have been given special instructions as necessary. However, the basic operations are the same and so we have added some instructions here.
Add a product
- Go to Store Admin > Catalogue > Products
- Add New
- General Tab: Insert Name
- Description Tab: Insert Summary
- Category Tab:
- Display product at root level: Do not tick this unless you have been told to.
- Specify default category: Do this
- Categorise this product: Do this
- Gallery Tab:
- Add New
- Choose File: Find your image file
- Save & Return
- Add more images if desired
- Variant Tab:
- Base Price: Insert price with or without GST as appropriate in your store.
- Click Save & Return
- Add another variant as desired - Only the name and price are required.
- If necessary, change the name of the first variant after adding a new one.
- Ask for help with adding multiple variants, options or custom fields.
- If you are renaming an existing product or category, you must also clear out the URL Name field. This will generate a new URL when you save.
This video demonstrates all of the above